The Dayton Metro Library Branch Community Rooms are available during designated times at no charge when the room is not being used for Library related activities. Community Rooms are available for private events in accordance with this policy.
- The Library reserves the right to review any request for Community Room use and may require additional time and information during the approval process, including those individuals/groups who wish to use the Community Room on a walk-in basis.
- Use of the Community Room must be done in a responsible manner, with the Library Code of Conduct adhered to at all times. The Library reserves the right to withdraw permission for Community Room use when conditions so warrant, and to stop meetings that interfere with the normal operations of the Library.
- Patrons using a Community Room must accept the terms and conditions set forth in the Community Room License Agreement, and take responsibility for ensuring that all conditions of use are followed, and assume liability for any injuries, loss, or damage to any person or property in or about the room and its contents.
- The Library reserves the right to have staff observe meetings and other events in Library rooms, to reassign a group to an alternate room with similar amenities and to cancel prior room reservations without notice in the event of an emergency, such as weather closings or unsafe building conditions.
- The Library reserves the right to limit the number of Community Room reservations per month for an individual/organization based on demand for meeting space.
- Smoking (tobacco and electronic) is prohibited on all Library property.
- In order to reserve a Community Room outside of normal operating hours, fees will be charged for private events.
- After Hours Availability: Monday/Tuesday/Thursday, 9:00PM-11:30PM and Wednesday/Friday/Saturday, 6:30PM-11:30PM.
- Before Hours Availability: Begin at 5:30AM, Monday-Saturday.
- Sunday: Branch Community Rooms are not reservable on Sundays.
- Meetings planned by a company or individual that promote, advertise, or lead to the sale of a product or service are permitted only within the requested Community Room area of the Library.
- Solicitations may not be permitted unless sponsored by the Library, Dayton Metro Library Foundation, Friends of the Dayton Metro Library, or a Library partner agency. Nonprofit fundraising events may be permitted with prior approval.
- Alcohol may not be served or consumed in the Community Rooms, unless approval has been granted by the Dayton Metro Library. Approval would be based on necessary permits and insurance policies being secured in advance by the responsible party listed on the Community Room License Agreement. Any organization, profit or nonprofit, that has been approved by the Dayton Metro Library to serve alcohol at an event will be required to pay an additional fee.
- The use of the Community Room by a non-Library group does not imply Library sponsorship or endorsement of the group’s activities.
- Any individual 18 years of age or older may request a Community Room reservation. An adult must be present during any use of the Library Community Rooms.
- Requests for use during normal business hours may be accepted up to ninety (90) days in advance and will be considered on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Applicants will receive confirmation by phone or email, verifying date, time and acceptance or denial of the requests.
- For last minute cancellations, the group should contact the Library’s Ask Me Line (937-463-2665) as soon as possible.
- Patrons affected by Library closures should connect to WHIO.com or DaytonMetroLibrary.org for Library closing information.
- Each group using a Community Room is responsible for the setting up of the room and returning the room to the original condition, with trash properly disposed of and table tops cleaned. Library rooms must be left free of crumbs, waste, etc. The Library provides no equipment or assistance for serving of refreshments.
Additional Procedures for Before and After Hours Use
- Reservation requests may be made by an individual 21 years of age or older.
- Reservation requests must be received a minimum of three (3) weeks in advance and can be made up to one year in advance.
- A before or after hours Community Room License Agreement must be completed and signed before final approval is given for use of the room.
- A start and end time for the use of the Community Room must be designated. Open-ended meeting times are not permitted.
- A walk through for orientation of the space during regular Library hours is required prior to the first use.
- Before and after hours use is restricted to Community Rooms which have been designed to prevent access to the rest of the Library, either by a gate or a locked barrier.
- Groups approved for before or after hours use must designate an individual to be responsible for ensuring the Community Room is clean, the lights and all electronic equipment is turned off, and the outside exit door is firmly closed and locked when exiting the building.
- The responsible party will use their assigned one-time use Access Card to lock the outside door when leaving. The Access Card must be waved twice past the locking mechanism to work properly.
Payments and Deposits
- At the time of signing the before and after hours Community Room License Agreement, the total balance is due to confirm a reservation. Reservations cannot be made without full payment and a signed Community Room License Agreement.
- All monies are refunded if the event is cancelled by the applicant more than thirty (30) days prior to the date of the event. Repeated cancellations may result in future requests being denied.
- There will be a $25.00 fee for any returned checks.Fees
- Fees are charged for Branch Community Rooms. (Refer to the Branch Community Room fee sheet.) All rooms require a two (2) hour minimum; all reservations must include time for set-up and clean-up.
- Events serving alcohol will be charged additional fees, at a minimum of $30/hour.
- Events requiring an AV Technician will be charged additional fees, at $30/hour with a two (2) hour minimum ($60.00 minimum).
- If there are damages to the Community Room as a result of the Licensee or its event attendees or representatives, the cost of repairs will be the sole responsibility of the Licensee, and will be completed by the contractor(s) as determined by the Dayton Metro Library.
- Library programs take precedence over other Community Room activities. To share Community Room spaces, the Dayton Metro Library will make every effort to schedule Library programs at least ninety (90) days in advance.
- Any Community Room not reserved may be available on a walk-in basis. A room reservation may be cancelled if the reserving patron has not claimed the room within 15 minutes of the reservation start time.
- Library audio-visual equipment may be available at no charge and varies by location. The Library can provide audio-visual technology support for an hourly rate. (Refer to fees above.)
- Food or beverages left behind will be discarded. Other personal items may be retained for up to 30 days. (Refer to DML Policy PS 306 Lost and Found Property).
FEES MAIN LIBRARY SPECIALTY SPACES
|Specialty Space||Weekdays up to four hours
||Weekdays over four hours||Wednesday Night*||Saturday and Sunday Daytime (up to 4 hours)||Friday, Saturday & Sunday Night*|
|Atrium||Not Available||Not Available||$750||Not Available||$1500|
|Bassani Theater Off Third||$250||$400||$350||$400||$500|
|Community Room A||$150||$175||Not Available||$175||Not Available|
|Community Room B||$125||$150||Not Available||$150||Not Available|
|Community Rooms A and B||$175||$275||$350||$300||$400|
|The Board Room (includes The Balcony)||$350||$350||Not Available||Not Available||Not Available|
Before or after hours fees may apply, up to $100/hour. Premiums may apply for intricate events. Multiple Room discounts may apply. Prices updated 12/1/19, for events taking place after 1/1/20.
All monies are refunded if the event is cancelled by the applicant more than thirty (30) days prior to the date of the event. Repeated cancellations may result in future requests being denied.
When a fee is required for use of the Main Library meeting spaces or audio-visual services, full payment is due thirty (30) days prior to the meeting or event.
Inside thirty (30) days, full payment is due at the time of signing the Community Room License Agreement.