Provides access to over 2,100 local, regional and national news sources, featuring over 40 titles from the state of Ohio.
Newspapers, Magazines + Current Events
Full text of the Columbus Dispatch from 1985 to the present. Full image issues from August 2017 to the present. Email, print, download, or cite articles easily.
Full text articles and images from the Dayton Daily News, 1898-1922, which includes the Wright Brothers' development of flight and the Flood of 1913.
Full text of the Dayton Daily News from 1990 to the present. Full image issues from September 28, 2018 to the present. Email, print, download, or cite articles easily.
Get free unlimited access to the New York Times website and app with just your library card. You will need to create a NYTimes.com, opens a new window digital account and access outside the library is granted by using 72 hour access, opens a new window. Passes can be renewed as often as you like by visiting our site and clicking to the link provided. Inside the Library? Just visit NYTimes.com and login to enjoy unlimited access without the need of a 72 hour pass.
Full text articles from U.S. and international newspapers, plus television and radio news transcripts. Selected full text from almost 400 regional (U.S.) newspapers.
PressReader provides interactive, digital access to nearly 7,000 of the world’s best newspapers and magazines, including publications from Europe, Latin America, Asia, the Middle East, Canada, and the United States. Just like reading a print edition, viewers can browse articles and other key elements, including pictures, advertisements, classifieds, and notices. With the ability to perform keyword searches across all titles, and save both stories and full publications, researchers are sure to find the stories they’re looking for.
An index to magazine articles covering 1890-1982. Many of these are available as print copies in the Dayton Room at the Main Library.
Get free access to the Wall Street Journal with your Library or eCard! There are two ways you can access the Wall Street Journal: on a library computer in a branch, and on your own computer, tablet or phone. Access is not available via the WSJ app.
How do I get started?
- Select the registration link above or any Wall Street Journal link on our site.
- Create a free account on the Wall Street Journal website
- Enter your name and email address
- Create a password
- Uncheck (or leave checked) the box to receive updates and offers
- Select CREATE
- Read unlimited articles for 3 days! After 3 days, return to this webpage and click any of our Wall Street Journal link to get 3 more days access. This time, opt to SIGN IN as an existing user and enter the same email address and password as before. You'll get 3 more days of unlimited reading! You can repeat this as often as you like.