- Submit only one poem per person, no more than one page in length.
- Adults and children in grades 3-12 who reside in Montgomery or surrounding counties (Miami, Greene, Warren, Preble) may enter.
- Poems may be any subject matter, but must be suitable for a general audience.
- Poems must be original and not previously published (self-published is acceptable).
- Poems should be typed in a plain typeface, no fancy fonts, colors or illustrations.
- Do not put your name or contact information on your poem. Your name should appear on the entry form or in the body of your email only.
- Entries must be emailed by Midnight on Friday, April 30, 2021.
Thank you to Mock Turtle Zine for being our 2021 contest partner.
WHO CAN ENTER? Anyone residing in Montgomery and surrounding counties (Miami, Greene, Warren, Preble) in these age categories: Teen (Grades 7-12) Adult (age 18-59 ) Older Adult (age 60+) Plus we are offering 2 junior categories: Kids (Grades 3-4 + Grades 5-6).
JUDGING: Poems are judged on originality, creativity, impact and adherence to contest rules. Judging is anonymous; each poem is assigned a number. Authors retain copyright to their work.
PRIZES! Winners will receive Amazon gift cards. First Place $100 Second Place $75 Third Place $50 in Teen, Adult, and Older Adult Categories. FIRST PLACE WINNERS will be published in Mock Turtle Zine!
Prizes for both junior categories will be Amazon gift cards. First Place $50, Second Place $35, Third Place $25
How to Enter - Entries Accepted April 1 - 30, 2021
Poetry contest entries will only be accepted by email.
EMAIL your attached poem as a Word or Text document along with the filled PDF entry form. Please remember, your name should appear on the entry form or in the body of your email only. Send your entry to firstname.lastname@example.org by Midnight, on Thursday, April 30, 2021.
QUESTIONS? Email us at email@example.com for assistance.
Need Help with the FORM?
Read the instructions fully before starting.
- Download the Entry Form by Clicking Here
- This will show the pdf file in your browser. To fill it out, you want to save this form to your computer. To do this look in the upper right corner for an arrow pointing down. As shown below.
- Depending on your computer settings it will either ask where you would like to save the file or it will save it directly to your downloads folder, or to your set file destination.
- Once you have found and opened the file (named poetrycontestform.pdf) fill it out. When you are finished you need to save the file. This will make sure your text remains in the file.
- To Save, Go up to the top left corner, click on File and select Save.
- Next you need to email the entry form pdf file and your poem file as attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on April 30, 2020, making sure you poem does not include your name as instructed in the rules.