Dayton Obituary and Genealogy Database
The Dayton Obituary and Genealogy Database contains genealogical information for researchers, including the following:
- Obituary Index: Information on obituaries and death notices appearing in Dayton newspapers 1850-2019. Newspapers indexed include the Dayton Daily News, the Dayton Journal, and others. Not all years are included, but additional information is added to the index daily. This index includes citations only. FULL-TEXT OBITUARIES ARE NOT AVAILABLE IN THIS INDEX.
- Service Notes: World War II Service Notes that ran in the Dayton Herald, Dayton Journal, and Dayton Daily News (from 1941-1945).
- County Histories: Name index to histories of Montgomery County and the Miami Valley, with links to the full-text.
- Marriages: Miscellaneous scattered dates in the 1920s and 1930s showing some, but not all, marriages announced in the Dayton newspapers.
- And more! Other types of genealogical information will be added as the project progresses.
Fill in as much or as little information as you know about the obituary you need to find.
Full-text obituaries: Many full-text obituaries can be found in the Dayton Daily News 1898-1922 and the Dayton Daily News 2018-Present databases (Library card holders only) as well as the Dayton Daily News Obituary page (2007-present).
Questions about the use of this database or to obtain a copy of an obituary or death notice, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org giving the complete citation found in the index. Because of the high volume of requests, we ask that you send no more than three requests at a time. For statistical purposes, please indicate your zip code.