Dayton Obituary and Genealogy Database Search
The Dayton Obituary and Genealogy Database contains genealogical information for researchers, including the following:
- Obituaries: Information on obituaries and death notices appearing in Dayton newspapers for the years 1850-1880; 1897-1898; 1900; 1903-1918; 1920-1939; 1951-1957; 1965; 1985-present and additional years being added to the index daily. This index includes only basic information about the obituary or death notice listed and where it can be found in the newspaper. FULL-TEXT OBITUARIES ARE NOT AVAILABLE ONLINE. Results are given in order by date, but sorting can be reordered by changing the drop-down box at the end of the form. To obtain a copy of an obituary or death notice, please call 937.463.2665 or send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org giving the complete citation found in the index. Because of the high volume of requests, we ask that you send no more than 3 requests at a time. For statistical purposes, please indicate your zip code. Fill in as much or as little information as you know about the obituary you need to find.
- Our Forefathers: Information from the Our Forefathers Sunday column in the Dayton Journal in the 1930’s written by Lindsay Metcalf Brien.
- Service Notes: World War II Service Notes that ran in the Dayton Herald, Dayton Journal, and Dayton Daily News (from 1941-1945).
- Marriages: Miscellaneous scattered dates in the 1920s and 1930s showing some, but not all, marriages announced in the Dayton newspapers.
- Gedenk Blaetter: The German Newspaper Gedenk Blaetter 1894-1912.
- And more! More types of genealogical information will be added as the project progresses.
Fill in as much or as little information as you know about the obituary you need to find.