Libby app, opens a new window. Libby is OverDrive’s newer app for browsing and enjoying the same digital content from your Library.Attention, OverDrive app users! OverDrive is discontinuing the legacy OverDrive app on May 1, 2023 and transitioning users to the
It’s time to give Libby a try! All your loans, holds, and wish list items will be waiting for you in Libby when you add your library card.
Libby also comes with new features we know you’ll love, like:
- Tags to categorize books however you’d like—you can even sync your OverDrive wish list into a tag!
- A central bookshelf for all loans and holds
- Customizable notifications for ready holds, new magazine issues, and more
- Compatibility with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and Sonos speakers
- Extra learning and entertainment resources, like LawDepot and Kanopy.
- Easy access to OverDrive support staff
You can learn more about switching to the Libby app here, opens a new window.
Note: Our library’s digital collection will continue to be available at Dayton.OverDrive.com, opens a new window and you can use Libby within your browser at LibbyApp.com/library/Dayton, opens a new window
Ready to start using Libby as your primary library reading app? Click play on the video below for an overview of 10 quick steps to successfully transition from the OverDrive app. You can find more videos and information about Libby here.