The Dayton Metro Library is recruiting for a full-time Youth Experience Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for the successful development and delivery of the system-wide Summer Challenge program. Additionally, they will also spearhead several other system-wide events, such as Career Adventure Days. The Youth Experience Manager will establish and/or maintain connections with youth-focused organizations in the local area. They will be supervised by the Youth Services Director and may help the Director evaluate and train new youth services staff across the Library system. Join our team today!
DML is committed to cultivating inclusive environments and a workforce that reflects the diversity of our community. As such, we encourage Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC) to apply, in addition to members from other marginalized groups.
Further, we recognize the importance of language diversity on our team as Dayton was the first city in the United States to earn the status of "Certified Welcoming" city. We encourage applications from individuals that are fluent or proficient in any non-English languages commonly used in Montgomery County including Spanish, Mandarin, French, Korean, Vietnamese, Hindi, Urdu, Russian, Tagalog, Kinyarwanda, Arabic, Turkish, Swahili, and American Sign Language (ASL).
Essential Job Duties
- Assists in the establishment and implementation of goals and objectives for Youth Services and Programming that support the Library’s mission.
- Directly hires, manages, evaluates, and schedules direct reports. May hire, manage, evaluate, and schedule Library Aides and Substitutes in Youth Services. Communicates with the Youth Services and Programming Director and the Human Resources and Organizational Development Director on staffing issues. Serves as liaison between direct reports and Youth Services and Programming Director. May support Youth Services and Programming Director with hiring and evaluating the development and utilization of youth services staff systemwide.
- Supports Youth Services and Programming Director in developing and maintaining rapport with community organizations.
- Assists Youth Services and Programming Director in planning and providing youth programs and services to meet these needs.
- Occasionally works public service points at locations to maintain knowledge of Library operations and to recommend improvements that ensure the efficient, effective delivery of youth services to patrons.
- Coordinates Summer Challenge, including software set up, maintenance and reports, ordering and distribution of prizes, and system-wide activities. Chairs the Summer Challenge Committee.
- Coordinates large scale projects that align with DML strategic priorities.
- Assists with the establishment, preparation, and implementation of budgets for programming and youth services.
- Assists Collection Development on the evaluation, development, and maintenance of the children’s and teen collections of print, non-print, electronic materials, information resources and technology for youth.
- Master’s Degree in Library and Information Science from an ALA accredited program with a minimum of three to five years of increasingly responsible experience in a public library setting at a professional level that includes work in youth services, and supervisory experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license, acceptable motor vehicle record, and continuous insurability required. Ability to plan, schedule, and oversee projects and personnel of Youth Services.
- Specialized knowledge of children's and teen materials and programming.
- Knowledge of management principles required to coordinate a system-wide function.
- Ability to hire, train, evaluate, motivate and lead staff.
- Ability to prepare and administer budgets.
Compensation and Benefits: Salary is negotiable starting at $63,103 annually. Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance along with paid time off and OPERS retirement.
Application Process: Please submit a cover letter and resume to Jennifer Kadel at email@example.com. This position is open until filled.