The Dayton Metro Library is seeking a part-time (32 hours per week) Supply Clerk to work at our Operations Center in downtown Dayton. The ideal candidate will be team-oriented, flexible, and highly self-motivated. This position reports to the Facilities Manager. Our Supply Clerk uses vendor web sites to fill staff members’ supply orders and will often search for the best prices for supplies not typically ordered. They will also assist the with other clerical tasks as assigned. The successful candidate will need to communicate well via email and over the telephone and must be able to learn the various computer interfaces used to fulfill these orders. This position does require the ability to lift up to 50 pounds. Join our team today!
DML is committed to cultivating inclusive environments and a workforce that reflects the diversity of our community. As such, we encourage Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC) to apply, in addition to members from other marginalized groups.
Further, we recognize the importance of language diversity on our team as Dayton was the first city in the United States to earn the status of "Certified Welcoming" city. We encourage applications from individuals that are fluent or proficient in any non-English languages commonly used in Montgomery County including Spanish, Mandarin, French, Korean, Vietnamese, Hindi, Urdu, Russian, Tagalog, Kinyarwanda, Arabic, Turkish, Swahili, and American Sign Language (ASL).
Essential Job Duties
- Fulfills general, office and janitorial supply requisitions for Main and branches through on-line ordering system and other methods as necessary.
- Maintains physical inventory count of all supplies.
- Completes data entry of purchase requisitions.
- Performs a variety of shipping and receiving tasks.
- Coordinates computer supply ordering.
- Assists with other clerical duties as needed.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three months’ related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of purchasing policies and procedures.
- Ability to use computer equipment and standard office equipment.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as ratios, discounts, interest, and percentages.
- Ability to periodically lift supplies weighing up to 50 pounds. Ability to occasionally twist, bend, climb, pull/push carts. Ability to frequently carry, hold, reach, stoop, turn, stand, and walk.
- Ability to speak and hear required.
- Ability to use e-mail, word processing, and spreadsheet software.
- Ability to use on-line inventory and supply system. Ability to operate in a network environment.
- Ability to utilize internet to seek information about ordering supplies, pricing information, etc.
- General knowledge of PC equipment required.
Compensation and Benefits: Starting hourly rate for this position is $15.42. Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance along with paid time off and OPERS retirement.
Application Process: Please submit a cover letter and resume to Jennifer Kadel at firstname.lastname@example.org. This position is open until filled.