The Dayton Metro Library is recruiting a full-time Patron Services Assistant for the Southeast Branch Library. The Southeast Branch Library is next to Belmont High School; and as such, the Branch is filled with teens every day after school. The successful candidate will assist patrons with checking items in and out, registering patrons for new library cards and helping patrons resolve account issues. They may also provide some basic computer assistance. We are looking for a friendly, helpful person to join our team. Apply today!
DML is committed to cultivating inclusive environments and a workforce that reflects the diversity of our community. As such, we encourage Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC) to apply, in addition to members from other marginalized groups.
Additional consideration may be given to individuals that are fluent or proficient in any non-English languages used in Montgomery County including Spanish, Mandarin, French, Korean, Vietnamese, Hindi, Urdu, Russian, Tagalog, Kinyarwanda, Arabic, Turkish, Swahili, and American Sign Language (ASL).
Essential Job Duties
- Provides courteous, welcoming and prompt circulation services to all patrons. Charges, discharges and reserves library materials. Enters circulation data into computer. Assists patrons at self-check stations.
- Computes and collects fines, registers and issues library cards, registers voters and Golden Buckeye participants. Answers phone and responds to patron inquiries.
- Assists patrons in finding and selecting library materials, and in the use of the public computers, personal electronic devices, and library virtual materials.
- Processes book drop returns, sorts delivery and mail, routes materials, searches for holds and missing items, and processes unclaimed requests.
- Completes financial report, counts out cash drawer and coin bill acceptor, and makes a bank deposit as needed.
- Performs miscellaneous clerical duties such as mending materials, ordering and maintaining office supplies, and filling displays as assigned.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and one to three months related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of circulation policies and procedures preferred.
- General knowledge of PC equipment required.
- Schedule includes day, evening and Saturday hours.
Compensation and Benefits: The starting hourly rate for this position is $15.64. Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance along with paid time off and OPERS retirement.
Application Process: Please send your cover letter and resume to Jennifer Kadel at email@example.com. This position is open until filled.