About the Dayton View Branch: The beautiful Dayton View Branch Library opened in its present building in September, 1930. Previously, the library was housed in a single room of the Congregation of the K. K. B'nai Yeshurun (now Temple Israel) until it outgrew the space there. The shape of the building makes the best use of its triangular plot of land at the corner of Salem Avenue and Wabash Street. The English architecture features red brick and Bedford stone, with a slate roof and high beamed ceilings. The library today looks much the same as it did over 70 years ago.