About the Miamisburg Branch: In 1853, the Miamisburg City Council first authorized the building of a library. In 1908, a literary club petitioned the city to seek funding from Andrew Carnegie, the steel giant and philanthropist. Carnegie promised $12,500 for the building with a provision that the city provide the site and ensure funding annually at the rate of 10% of his original gift, which was unanimously accepted. A dedication in July, 1909 included the laying of a cornerstone which contained documents of local interest. The library became a school district library in 1923, and an agreement to affiliate with the Dayton & Montgomery County Library was made in 1966, that agreement became effective January 3, 1967. In February, 1981, a new, larger library facility located directly east of the old Carnegie Library opened to the public. Circulation at the Miamisburg Branch Library remains among the highest in the system.