Staff and patrons alike are invited to donate NEW, UNWRAPPED TOYS at participating libraries between now and December 10. Please consider donating to this historic and respected charity. Here are some cool Toys for Tots trivia:
- The first donated toy was a handmade doll given to the first campaign in Los Angeles, CA in 1947. 5,000 toys were donated that year.
- The United States Marine Corps Reserves adopted Toys for Tots and expanded it nationwide in 1948.
- Walt Disney designed the famous Toys for Tots train logo.
- Before 1979, Toys for Tots accepted both new and used toys. Reservists refurbished used toys on weekends during October, November and December. From 1980 onward, Marines collect and distribute only new toys.
- Upon conclusion of the 2012 campaign, Toys for Tots had distributed nearly 16.8 million toys to more than 7 million children.
Libraries participating in the Toys for Tots campaign are as follows, click a library name to find location and contact information:
Belmont - Brookville - Burkhardt - Dayton View - East - E.C. Doren - Huber Heights - Kettering - Main - Miami Township - Northmont - Northtown-Shiloh - Vandalia - West Carrollton - Westwood - Wilmington-Stroop