Public Forum Scheduled for Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 7:00-8:30 p.m.
The public is invited to participate in a community forum on potential sites for the new West Branch of the Dayton Metro Library. The West Branch Library will serve patrons of the current Westwood and Madden Hills Branch Libraries. The forum takes place Wednesday, November 5, 2014, 7:00-8:30 p.m.
at the Center for Regional Cooperation, 1100 West Third Street, Dayton
What's happening with my library? - West Dayton
What's happening with my library & where will it be located?
Sites are being explored for a new library convenient to patrons from the Madden Hills and Westwood branches.
What is the timing for my library?
This branch will be in either Segment 2 or 3 pending property acquisition.
How can I be involved?
We will be hosting at least two public input sessions for each facility. Please enter your email address in the form to the right to be invited to sessions for the West Dayton Branch.
What features are being planned for my new library?
• Dedicated space for Adults, Teens and Children with comfortable lounge and table seating
• Quiet Reading Area
• Easy to browse collections
• Interactive Marketplace providing easy access to new and popular materials
• Enhanced technology including more Public Computers and convenient, upgraded power and Wi-Fi connectivity
• Multiple rooms of varying size for Tutoring, Group Study, Program and Meetings
• Children's Story and Program Room
• Early Childhood Manipulative Activity Area to promote literacy and kindergarten readiness
• Flexible space for innovative library and community programs and partnerships
• Food and beverage vending area