Help Shape Your New Neighborhood Library
The public is invited to participate in community forums with the architects designing Vandalia Branch of the Dayton Metro Library. There will be two sessions: Session One will focus on the community, process, timeline and building site. Session Two will focus on conceptual designs for each facility.
Sessions take place at the Vandalia Branch Library
, 500 S. Dixie Drive:
Session 1: Thursday, October 16, 7:00-8:30 p.m.
Session 2: Thursday, November 13, 7:00-8:30 p.m.
What's happening with my library & where will it be located?
A new library will be constructed in the vicinity of the current location in Vandalia.
What is the timing for my library?
Pending property acquisition, this branch is scheduled for Segment 2 with design work beginning in mid to late 2014.
How can I be involved?
We will be hosting at least two public input sessions for each facility. Please enter your email address in the form to the right to be invited to sessions for the Vandalia Branch.
What features are being planned for my new library?
• Dedicated space for Adults, Teens and Children with comfortable lounge and table seating
• Quiet Reading Area
• Interactive Marketplace providing easy access to new and popular materials
• Easy to browse collections
• Enhanced technology including: more Public Computers and convenient, upgraded power and Wi-Fi connectivity
• Multiple rooms of varying size for Tutoring, Group Study, Program and Meetings
• Children's Story and Program Room
• Early Childhood Manipulative Activity Area to promote literacy and kindergarten readiness
• Flexible space for community programs, civic innovation, and future library service needs
• Food and beverage vending area