What's happening with my library? - Northwest Dayton
What's happening with my library & where will it be located?
A new building at the site of the former Fairview High School on Philadelphia Drive will be constructed to serve patrons from the Dayton View, Ft. McKinley, and Northtown-Shiloh branches.
What is the timing for my library?
- Design work begins in Fall of 2013. Construction will wrap up in early 2016.
How can I be involved?
Two interactive Community Forums are planned for your library. The sessions will be held from 7:00 to 8:30 p.m. at Fairview United Methodist Church, 828 W. Fairview Avenue in Dayton.
• Design Values: Wednesday, October 2, 2013
• Schematic Design: Wednesday, October 23, 2013
Please enter your email address into the form to the right to receive forum notices and other information about the Northwest Dayton Branch.
What features are being planned for my new library?
• Dedicated space for Adults, Teens and Children with comfortable lounge and table seating
• Quiet Reading Area
• Interactive Marketplace providing easy access to new and popular materials
• Easy to browse collections of 77,000+ items
• Enhanced technology including: the largest number of Public Computers in a branch; short-term Internet Stations; and convenient, upgraded power and Wi-Fi connectivity
Multiple rooms of varying size for Tutoring, Group Study, and Meetings
• Children's Story and Program Room
• Early Childhood Manipulative Activity Area to promote literacy and kindergarten readiness
• Partner and Evolution space for community programs, civic innovation, and future library service needs
• Food and beverage vending area
• Large parking lot