3D printing is available for Library cardholders at select Dayton Metro Library locations at a price of $0.10 per gram of material used, rounded up to the nearest gram.
- Printing is available on a first come, first served basis and is done by Library staff. Priority printing is given to Library programs and events.
- Persons wanting to print should bring their file on a usb flash drive to the Library during open hours. Staff will add the model to the printing queue.
- File must be submitted in .STL format.
- Object must be smaller than 10" x 10" x 10"
- Due to the popularity of the printer, we can only print items that require less than 6 hours printing time.
- Only one print request at a time will be accepted. (Print job must be picked up before submitting another print request.)
- Patrons will be notified by email or phone when print job is finished. All files will be deleted at that time. The Library recognizes that an original design is the property of the designer and designs will not be duplicated for others.
- Items printed from Library 3D printers that are not picked up within 7 days will become property of the Library. Items must be picked up by the individual who printed them.
The Library's 3D printers may be used for lawful purposes only. The public will not be permitted to use the Library's 3D printers to create material that is:
- Prohibited by local, state or federal law.
- Obscene or otherwise inappropriate for the Library environment.
- In violation of another's intellectual property rights. For example, the printers will not be used to reproduce material that is subject to copyright, patent or trademark protection.
- The Library reserves the right to refuse any 3D print request.
The following Library locations have 3D printers, as of June, 2015:
Ft. McKinley (Dayton), Huber Heights, Miamisburg, Vandalia and Wilmington-Stroop (Kettering)
3D Printing Use Form (PDF)