On Monday, February 20, patrons are invited to walk through the doors of the brand new Miamisburg Branch Library, located at 545 E. Linden Avenue, for the first time. A Grand Opening Celebration, 1:00-4:00 p.m., gives the community a chance to see the new Library that has been under construction since March, 2016. Regular hours will resume at the new facility on Tuesday, February 21.
The former Miamisburg Branch building has been closed since January 28 for the move. Returns will to be accepted at the old Library through February 20.
“We are so excited to welcome the Miamisburg community into a larger, more open, better equipped space,” said Brielle Maynor, Miamisburg Branch Library Manager. “We have a fantastic new theater dedicated to our popular puppet show performances; our popular historical collection will be readily available; we have more computers with flexible seating arrangements and we have beautiful new amenities to make our patrons feel inspired,” she said.
The Grand Opening Ceremony takes place from 1:00-1:30 p.m. Following the ceremony, everyone is encouraged to explore the new Library. The afternoon includes:
- Marionette Shows by Mr. Puppet in the new STAR Theater
- Library mascots Cosmo and Pip
- PS4 Gaming in TeenEDGE
The Miamisburg Branch is the eighth completed project in the Libraries for a Smarter Future system-wide improvement plan, made possible by Montgomery County voters in 2012. The new Library is 15,000 square feet, at a cost of $6.5 million.
Features of the new Library include:
- Flexible Community Room, accessible before and after Library hours
- Two 4-person Quads, two 6-person Group Study Rooms and a 10-person Conference Room
- A Quiet Reading Room with cozy fireplace
- In-Library laptop and Macintosh lending
- Numerous public computers with industrial-grade WiFi
- Four original art installations
- An outdoor patio
- Treasured local artifacts and historical collection
- Nearly double the space of the current Miamisburg Branch
Regular Library hours begin Tuesday, February 21:
Monday, Tuesday and Thursday 9:30 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Wednesday, Friday and Saturday 9:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
For more information contact us online or call (937) 463-BOOK.